The European Basic Skills Network is glad to announce that the first open education resource unit of its Capacity Building Series has been published on EPALE. The current thematic unit titled Integrated Policy Approach in Basic Skills Provision focuses on the policy level of basic skills provision with a special attention to good practices to actual policy initiatives. It stresses the importance of coherent policy mechanisms and aims to support policy-makers and other stakeholders by giving insights into the followings:
- an overview of the European policy context for Upskilling Pathways (European and national),
- the importance of defining what basic skills are,
- expert content in creating and facilitating policy procedures and schemes nationally,
- country-specific examples to practices in integrated basic skills policies,
- a curated list of further resources.
The unit aims to provide its users with a comprehensive overview of the field and, therefore, presents a variety of reviewed resources e.g. significant websites for policy initiatives and stakeholder organisations, working group and expert reports with a special emphasis on country-relevant information, studies, written and video interviews with experts, etc.
For further enquiries and information, please contact EBSN CBS Editor via e-mail.