EBSN’s Capacity Building Series was launched to contribute to the successful implementation of the Upskilling Pathways recommendation. One of the main pillars of CBS is a sequence of open education resources (OERs) that aim at collecting relevant resources that are currently available on EPALE and also to provide new content.
Out of the 5 OER units that are being published on EPALE in 2019 the first has an overall approach with a special attention to good practices to actual policy initiatives. It stresses the importance of coherent policy mechanisms and aims to support policy-makers and other stakeholders by giving insights into the following thematic units:
- an overview of the European policy context for Upskilling Pathways (European and national),
- the importance of defining what basic skills are,
- expert content in creating and facilitating policy procedures and schemes nationally,
- country-specific examples to practices in integrated basic skills policies,
- a curated list of further resources.
The unit provides its users with a comprehensive overview of the field and, therefore, presents a variety of reviewed resources e.g. significant websites for policy initiatives and stakeholder organisations, working group and expert reports with a special emphasis on country-relevant information, studies, written and video interviews with experts, etc.