Cecilia Lyche, email@example.com
The Norwegian Directorate for Education and Training is an executive subordinate agency for the Ministry of Education and Research with responsibilities within kindergarten, primary and secondary education, including adult primary and secondary education and training.
One of the main tasks of the Directorate is to promote quality development, quality assessment, analysis and documentation for these sectors. The Directorate is responsible for all national statistics concerning this sector. On the basis of these statistics it initiates, develops and monitors research and development.
The Directorate develops and issues the national curricula. There is one common curriculum for primary and secondary education for pupils and adult participants.
The curriculum focuses on basic skills and knowledge promotion through outcome-based learning. In the Subject Curricula the five basic skills are integrated and adapted to each subject. These skills are orals skills, reading, writing, digital skills and numeracy.
The Directorate participates in several international collaborations, most of them related to the European Union, the Council of Europe, OECD and The Nordic Council of Ministers’ as well as organizations as UN and IEA.
The Directorate follows up bilateral agreements and informs about international programs and initiatives where Norway participates. We coordinate several international studies.
- Visit our web site to learn more about us: http://www.udir.no/Stottemeny/English/
- Curricula in English: http://www.udir.no/Stottemeny/English/Curriculum-in-English/
- Framework for Basic Skills http://www.udir.no/Stottemeny/English/Curriculum-in-English/_english/Framework-for-Basic-Skills/
- This Framework is a tool for subject curricula groups appointed by the Norwegian Directorate for Education and Training to develop and revise National Subject Curricula
- Research about adult learning in Norway: http://www.udir.no/Tilstand/Forskning/Rapporter/NOVA/Hvem-deltar-i-voksenopplaringen/
- Our presentation: The role of the Directorate, our responsibilities and structure of the Norwegian education system. http://prezi.com/nzt9apeaazzo/?utm_campaign=share&