Angelika Vonlanthen Biedermann, email@example.com
Adult Education Liechtenstein is an umbrella organization responsible for adult education in Liechtenstein. The aim, organization and funding is regulated by the Law of 5 July 1976 on the promotion of Adult Education and by the Law of 18 December 1998 on the Foundation Adult Education Liechtenstein.
The organization is inter alia responsible for:
- Co-ordination of adult education
- Financial support of the education providers
- Monitoring of expenditures
- Ensuring and raising the quality if grant-aided provision in informal adult education
- Cultivation of international contacts
The organization does not offer own coursers, but is responsible for a balanced range of courses offered by the grant-aided providers.
The activities are intended to consolidate adult education and make it more professional. The task is to coordinate adult education in Liechtenstein, to use the budget funds approved by parliament for the purposes of the Adult Education Law and generally to organize and promote adult education in Liechtenstein.
National and international impact
ICAE International Council for Adult Education
EAEA European Association for the Education of Adults
IKW Interkantonale Konferez der Weiterbildung, Switzerland
- Delegated by the government as National Coordinator in the European Agenda for Adult Learning
- Project Leadership:
Project GO.li – Promotion of basic skills for Adults in Liechtenstein. The project started May 2010 and approved by Government.